This award was created in 2007 to encourage, identify, recognize and reward public service by faculty of the University of North Carolina system. The selection criteria for the Award includes:
- Faculty members of any of the 17 institutions of the University of North Carolina system are eligible.
- Sustained, distinguished, and superb achievement in University public service and outreach, and contributions to improving the quality of life of the citizens of North Carolina.
- The creativity and impact of a nominee's achievements are of a magnitude that greatly exceeds the normal accomplishments of a productive faculty.
- Individuals can be nominated by faculty, students, administrators or alumni of Appalachian State University.
- Nominations are received and reviewed by the University Awards Committee.
- The highest-ranked nominees are notified and work with the University Awards Committee to develop a portfolio for review by the Chancellor and Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor, and submission to the UNC Board of Governors if selected as the campus nominee.
- The University Awards Committee recommends up to three (3) individuals to the Chancellor and Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor for final selection as the nominee from Appalachian State University.
- Detailed nomination letter received by subcommittee chair – September 8, 2023
- Nominee's completed portfolio with curriculum vitae received by subcommittee chair - September 27, 2023
Submit nominations for the Public Service award using the 2023 Nomination Form - one nominee per form. Please read the above eligibility requirements before submitting a form.
Submit the completed nomination form to the current subcommittee chair. Contact: Holshouser Public Service Award, Subcommittee Chair, Dr. Pennie Bagley - email@example.com, 828-262-6209