COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Below please find optional statements regarding COVID-19 safety protocols faculty may add to their syllabi at their discretion.
- App State’s safety policies, protocols and procedures are based on guidance from the CDC, state and local public health officials, and the UNC System. The university’s latest COVID-19 safety guidance can be found on the university’s coronavirus website.
- The latest updates are linked from the university homepage, and also posted at https://www.appstate.edu/coronavirus/updates/.
- Regardless of the university’s current policy on face coverings, I choose to wear a face covering in public settings, including while teaching and in meetings in order to protect myself from COVID-19, flu and other communicable diseases. This is not an indication of my vaccination status, but it is a proven, effective method for reducing the transmission of communicable diseases.
- Find the latest guidance on face coverings at https://www.appstate.edu/recovery/face-coverings/.
- I may hold virtual office hours and choose to have meetings with my students via Zoom or telephone.
- If you have questions about the university’s COVID-19 safety protocols, contact the university’s Emergency Preparedness team at 828-262-4008 or email@example.com.