Friday, August 26, 2016 - 2:00pm
Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts
Reception immediately following. Please hold this date and time on your calendars.
Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 10:00am to 11:00am
Beaver College of Health Sciences site - 1179 State Farm Road, Boone NC 28607
A groundbreaking ceremony is scheduled for Thursday, June 23, from 10 – 11 a.m. at Appalachian State University's Beaver College of Health Sciences site, 1179 State Farm Road. The campus community and public are invited.
It has been less than three months since the Connect N.C. bond passed, allocating $70 million in funds for construction of the 203,000 square foot facility. At a site dedication ceremony in April, attended by UNC President Margaret Spellings, Chancellor Sheri N. Everts said, "Our project is shovel ready and work will begin in July."
Everts added, "Indeed, we are on schedule to begin work. This world-class facility will expand our capacity to provide healthcare professionals for North Carolina," she continued. "With qualified healthcare professionals and healthcare educators, Appalachian can help meet the demand created by a critical shortage of health care access, particularly for residents in the rural areas of our state."The new college facility will also provide inter-professional collaboration across the disciplines, which will in turn help attract talented students, faculty and staff to the northwestern region of our state."Nearly 20 percent of Appalachian's students are taught by Beaver College of Health Sciences faculty. Including nursing, there are six departments and 16 undergraduate and graduate degrees offered in the college, from disciplines including communication sciences and disorders, and nutrition and health care management.The new building will be constructed on a 9.2-acre parcel of land adjacent to Watauga Medical Center and donated by Appalachian Regional Healthcare System.For questions or additional information, contact the Office of the Chancellor at 828-262-7642.
Friday, April 22, 2016 - 2:30pm
114 Belk Library and Information Commons
Please come to discuss the next Master Plan for Appalachian State University
- Master Planning Committee Co-Chairs Randy Edwards and Darrell Kruger will facilitate the discussion
- Members of the Master Planning Committee and Duda Paine (the firm hired to develop our next master plan) will be present to listen and take notes
- Website for the Spring 2016 listening sessions
- Please submit a Master Planning Feedback Form
Friday, April 22, 2016 - 8:00am to 2:00pm
201 Blue Ridge Ballroom - PSU
As a reminder, you are cordially invited to attend all or part of the budget presentations on Friday, April 22 from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. in 201 Blue Ridge Ballroom inside the Plemmons Student Union.
Please refer to the presentation schedule below. Although most of the day will consist of presentations, I draw your attention to the Question and Answer Session from 10:00-10:30 a.m. The campus community will also have an opportunity following the budget presentations to provide additional input via a dedicated webpage devoted to the 2016 Budget Presentations, housed on the Institutional Research, Assessment and Planning (IRAP) website at http://irap.appstate.edu/budgetpresentations.
For those not able to attend in person, the presentations will be live video streamed at http://streaming.appstate.edu/budget
Thank you for your engagement with this important initiative. In future years we intend to refine this process with input from the campus community.
Budget Presentation Outline
Date: April 22, 2016
Location: 201 Blue Ridge Ballroom – PSU
- 7:30 – 8:00 a.m. Coffee and Conversation
- 8:00 – 8:05 a.m. Introductory Remarks (Provost Darrell Kruger)
- 8:10 – 8:25 a.m. University Budget Overview (Tim Burwell)
- 8:25 – 8:40 a.m. Business Affairs Overview (Tim Burwell)
- 8:40 – 8:55 a.m. University Advancement Overview (Susan Pettyjohn)
- 8:55 – 9:10 a.m. Student Development Overview (Cindy Wallace)
- 9:10 – 9:25 a.m. Auxiliary Services Overview (Randy Edwards)
- 9:25 – 9:40 a.m. Athletics Overview (Doug Gillin)
- 9:40 – 9:55 a.m. Academic Affairs Overview (Darrell Kruger)
- 10:00 – 10:45 a.m. Q&A Session and Break
- 10:45 – 11:00 a.m. CAS Presentation (Tony Calamai)
- 11:05 – 11:20 a.m. HSOM Presentation (Bill Pelto)
- 11:25 – 11:40 a.m. Library Presentation (Leslie Farison)
- 11:45 – 12:00 p.m. FAA Presentation (Glenda Treadaway)
- 12:00 – 12:45 p.m. Lunch Break
- 12:45 – 1:00 p.m. COB Presentation (Heather Norris)
- 1:05 – 1:20 p.m. CHS (Fred Whitt)
- 1:25 – 1:40 p.m. RCOE Presentation (Monica Lambert)
- 1:40 – 2:00 p.m. Next Steps and Q&A (Provost Kruger)