Student learning outcomes: Appalachian Studies (BA)
Shown here are the general learning goals of the program broken down into specific student learning outcomes (SLOs). These SLOs represent what a student should be able to do as a result of successfully completing this program. Student performance on these outcomes are routinely assessed by program faculty as a way of informing programmatic improvement efforts.
1. Students will have a foundation for holistic understanding of the Appalachian region.
2. Students will recognize the diversity of cultures that make up the Appalachian region.
3. Students will recognize and understand the Appalachian region within a national and global context.
4. Students will participate in local, regional, and international activities.
Fourteen for 2014
View information about the new online course development initiative, Fourteen for 2014.
- General Education Advisory Group Report 2012
- Academic Affairs
- General Education
B. B. Dougherty Admin. Bldg.
438 Academy Street
Second floor, Suite 207
ASU Box 32006
Boone NC 28608