View text only version
Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to search
Shown here are the general learning goals of the program broken down into specific student learning outcomes (SLOs). These SLOs represent what a student should be able to do as a result of successfully completing this program. Student performance on these outcomes are routinely assessed by program faculty as a way of informing programmatic improvement efforts.
Students will demonstrate communicative competence through the ability to use Spanish in interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational modes at the ACTFL level: Advanced Low
- Students can engage in unrehearsed conversation on topics related to academic and non-academic situations.
- Students can make formal presentations and convey their ideas and opinions on academic and non-academic topics.
- Students can understand the subjects and nuances of topics expressed in standard language and some regional variation in a wide range of media.
- Students can use a variety of written forms to summarize, explain and interpret a broad range of topics using appropriate and culturally authentic language.
- Students can with limited use of dictionaries understand a variety of literary and nonliterary forms of written communication.
Students will demonstrate cultural proficiency.
- Students recognize and interpret similarities and differences in beliefs, behaviors and value systems among target language cultures.
- Students recognize and interpret similarities and differences in beliefs, behaviors and value systems between American culture(s) and target language cultures.
Students will demonstrate the ability to think critically in the target language.
- Students assess and evaluate film, literary, and internet materials written for the target language audience.
- Students should identify the overarching issues present in the literature, art, and culture(s) of their target language.
Fourteen for 2014
View information about the new online course development initiative, Fourteen for 2014.
B. B. Dougherty Admin. Bldg.
438 Academy Street
Second floor, Suite 207
ASU Box 32006
Boone NC 28608